Visit Insightful Brain

Visit insightfulbrain.com for free and affordable printable materials

Lesson In Etiquette


Many times I forget when my children are not showing their best manners that I have forgotten to explain "the etiquette rules" to them beforehand. Then I feel guilty about reprimanding or criticizing their behavior when they weren't aware of "the etiquette rule." My hubby thinks I am being too hard on myself, but I explained it to him as 'what if he were reprimanded at his workplace for a new rule in which we he was not told.' He gets it, but still thinks I worry about it a little too much! To help keep me reminded on what I need to teach my children in the area of manners/etiquette, I found a cute book that is not too formal (I am not a real formal, structured person). It is called Dude, That's Rude by Pamela Espeland & Elizabeth Verdick. It explains everything from washing your hands, to buttering a roll, to what to do when you hear the national anthem at a sporting event. My children ABSOLUTELY LOVE participating in the etiquette role-playing. It is great family bonding time, we have fun and giggle, and I witness more confidence in them.

As I looked up the book on Amazon, I found other titles by the authors that seem very intriguing....How to Take the Grr Out of Anger, and See You Later Procrastinator. I'll definitely have to check them out!

1 comment:

  1. See You Later Procrastinator would be very useful in my house. I'll have to look for that one :)

    ReplyDelete