Visit Insightful Brain

Visit insightfulbrain.com for free and affordable printable materials

Using Technology


I have a mixed opinion about computers in education. In some ways, they can be very handy. You can have a wealth of research resources at your fingertips without having to add an extra room to your home. My children are able to observe real-time events and other amazing things like live pictures of earth, stars, and objects in our solar system. Sometimes it is even fun to practice rote skills such as multiplication facts as a review to keep them fresh in our minds. My negativity to using the computer is when it is used as a replacement for teaching and for it to be thought of as the answer to all learning challenges. When I use it with my kids, I try to make it as easy as possible for them to find the sites that I want them to visit, and highlight the sites that are useful to our research of certain topics. I like to use a free website called Tizmos to bookmark the sites. I will add to/ rotate out sites often. I like the fact that you can see the thumbnails of the websites so my children know exactly where they are going. You can visit my Tizmos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment